Saturday, September 12, 2009

Donkey bombs and the mark of The Beast

Life is indeed very short and often humor imitates life. I first thought this was about the things you almost step on in the pasture. I had to chuckle, especially with all the talk of CO2 emissions. Got to cut down on those, but I am not sure what they are going to do about it. Then there was the joke about methane...

You would have thought that this is the age of technology and computer craft. At least you would have imagined that roadside bombs, missiles, and unmanned drone aircraft would be the murderous vehicle of choice. Peta would be inflamed about eating cows and chickens, I wonder if they have a comment about the death of the beast of burden. Those wonderful equines that bay and holler and chase the coyotes away. The Palestinians have a knack for sending their mentally challenged and their children to die, but I haven't heard of them sending their donkeys. We hear all the fuss, but will they fuss when narco-enforcers and soldiers are killed? Do they value human life? Do any of them value the unborn child? What about the lives of those lost to cut the US cocaine supply, maybe even sparing some of our own lives lost here!

Colombian "Donkey Bombs" Kill Drug Crop Eradicators
By REUTERS Published: September 11, 2009
Reporting by Patrick Markey

How could I find a cigar to match this event. I had to dig deep, in an old Gurkha humidor, and I found a not-so-old wonder.I found a Gurkha Special Edition Beast. The Beast is a 6 1/2x 58 toro cedar wrapped with a dark oily 1996 Costa Rican Maduro wrapper, Nicaraguan binder, and Dominican/Honduran filler. In comes nicely dressed in an elegant double band.

My cigar was very oily and cut and lit well without complications. The burn was slow and sure as well. An initial smooth coffee mild spicy sweetness predominated after a nice barnyard aroma.There was a leathery sense to the taste at 1/2 way or so. There were cocoa hints as well. It had a long finish and was very smooth. I would say that this is one of the better stogies I have experienced, and would highly recommend it.

This is dedicated to the donkeys that lost their lives in this homicide method.

No comments:

Post a Comment