Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Smart Cigars

Little bitty teensie weeny cars - I thought they were only for little bitty teeny weeny European streets, or maybe Asian thoroughfares. These go-kart like contraptions are shaped like an angulated shoe box. I am not sure of their means of propulsion, but suspect they must have a small gasoline engine. Some may even be electric! These vehicles are called "Smart Cars". It may not be so smart in a collision, but is definitely a power-saver. I wonder if my knees would hit the dashboard. I am sure I would be smothered by the airbag(s) if it were set off!

Remarkably, they have now been seen on the streets of Cuero, Texas. That's the same Cuero that is across the Guadalupe River from my Lindenau. The same Cuero that has oak trees growing in the middle of the road. The home of the Chupacabra and the Texas Wildflower tour. I wonder what would happen if a Smart Car hit a road tree?

The cigar I would like to review is the rare Plasencia TKO maduro made by Nestor Plasencia. It is a 4x43 petite corona dark and small wonder. The wrapper is a maduro Ecuadorian grown Connecticut shade grown. The binder is Nicaraguan and the filler Nicaraguan/Honduran mix. The cigar comes in a nice brick red box, with an attractive similar colored label. I haven't seen them in any cigar store, but have found them through several online sites. The cigar box opened with a pleasant and woodly hay like odor, which persisted even on closer inspection and lighting. The peppery expresso-like slightly flavor was evident, although there was little sweetness. The short slow-burning smoke was consistent with a long finish. JR classifies this as "medium bodied".
From JR: "Master veguros and cigar maker, Nestor Plasencia makes his namesake cigar in his Nicaraguan factory. This cigar is expertly rolled and features a Connecticut shade seed wrapper grown in Ecuador. It is medium in strength and loaded with complex, rich flavor. Often overlooked by consumers, due to the lack of promotion and very moderate prices, do yourself a favor and try a couple. "

I have always believed in the need for "smart intelligence".
I had wondered what happened to "The World's Smartest Man" .
"Bigger is not better when it comes to Brains" - apparently that also applies to cigars - but I don't think I could say that about the "smart cars"...

No comments:

Post a Comment