Sunday, January 3, 2010

Out with the new and cherish the old...

Having been privy to a 2006 box of (Cuban - Habanos) Montecristo No.2's which were stout and tasty with a sweet peppery earthy-leather flavor, I looked forward to the cigar I was given at Christmas. It was the 2009 version. I still have some of the 2006 cigars and looked forward to smoking the 2009 with anticipation - much like my children waited for Santa Claus. Previous Cuban Cohiba's had seemed to be short on the aging and my attempts to improve a classical cigar with time could be compared with the 3 years of aging with the 2006 cigar. The torpedo/belicoso shape was not my favorite, but has become much more of one since I stumbled upon the guillotine cutter with the size guard.
The 2009 was good and well made, but for unknown reason seamed to lack the leathery abundance and slight peppery sweetness of the 2006. The 2006 was also much stronger in nicotine content - gauged by my vertiginous response.

Life seems to go by so fast...FC is still alive? I met Elvis the other day and he was a bit younger than I expected...

No comments:

Post a Comment