Friday, July 17, 2009

household blends

Still that stifling summer heat beats on my hat. Summer vacation morning smokes are always a challenge to select...given the heat. Many internet retailers have their own "house blends", including Thompson, Famous, JR, and Cigar.com. Most that I have sampled are ok smokes. Some stand out, as well. My standout today has 2 years of personal aging. It is the Cigar.com Red label maduro (CBLM) torpedo. It is a mild sweet smoke that lights and burns well. It has a slight chocolate sweet earthy taste, and short finish. It held up well to the windy heat and humidity of South Texas. It was also an excellent chew cigar. I believe it is Honduran filler, and Honduran made.

I continue to salute and pray for Honduras and the Honduran people. I am worried about liberty and freedom here. This country of ours is a house blend, from every nation...

My household is a blended one as well. The mix and blend is wonderful, in that we don't share any common DNA. We do share life and family.

I find that household blending provides some of the most remarkable lessons. All we share in common is nurture, nature's influence, and learning. The strength of that combination, when tauted and approached with intention, is hard to beat.

I would highly recommend this cigar, especially when price, quality, and taste are at issue- even if it is a "house blend".

No comments:

Post a Comment