Monday, July 20, 2009

Puffin on a cigar or a cigar for the puffins

Stumbled upon a puffin exhibit at SeaWorld San Antonio, Texas. At the time I was dreaming of puffin on my favorite stogie. At first I thought it was a cigar shop, but no..., it turned out to be a special bird. Wikipedia has a good review, as does the Audubon Society. I love the very thought of a bird that can swim and fly. God did wonders when He made these creatures! So much for divergent evolution. Thank Him for the wonderful Brazilian tobacco, as well as aging in a nice humidor!

So I dedicate this cigar to those precious birds. They don't reside anywhere near Brazil, and neither do I. They would be eaten alive in the Amazon.

The CAO Brazilia Amazon is a 6x60 behemoth and a wonderful smoke. As far as I know, it was one of the first cigars to capitalize on the Brazilian maduro wrapper, and does well with the larger ring guage. CAO's marketing concepts have been mostly good, excellent in this case. I still remember enjoying my first box of the Gol! and the Ipanema.

My cigar this time had 2 years of in-cellophane aging in south Texas . It still had a strong binder, and a hearty smoke. The taste I would describe as leathery, as most of the peppery spice had faded significantly. It was medium bodied. I would say it lost some of the Brazilian flavor, but made up for it as the Nicaraguan filler blended well. It was very good. I would highly recommend it to the novice smoker as well as the well seasoned smoker.

Puffin this one for those silly birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment