Friday, May 15, 2009

fickle friends

Most of life is dynamic, as are our friendships. Our only true friend is Our Maker and Sustainer. He is the life and source of everything. We are all so fickle in our love for Him. I experienced several instances of fickle friendship lately, and couldn't convince my friends that I was sincere. I was told I didn't walk the walk (That fact seems so true. As I tend to introspection, i see the hypocrisy inside...as I erratically yearn to be more like Jesus...my love for Him certainly appears fickle to Him). I will not claim persecution, especially not in His name. The words sting- even more so as they are written on paper, but I smoke a Cu-Avana Intenso toro realizing that life is not about me anyway. I am not the center of anything, and if I am on trial I have advocacy already in place. It's not about me. I cannot even control my surroundings, much less my piddling micro-universe and my limited self-perception of it. God is in control. God will bring them back to me, I choose to stay with Him. It's all about Him. May He grant me consistency in my love for Him.
Great Cigar, but spicy...

No comments:

Post a Comment