Monday, June 22, 2009

father's day late posting

Life is different the last few years as my oldest daughter has become an adult. Father's Day seems to mean more. My Father is several hours away, and he always seems to enjoy the contact. The role is that of both being appreciated and yet showing appreciation. Those are great times for a fine cigar.
This year I dedicate a Davidoff Robusto Maduro 5x52 to my father. Even though it is a well-made pricey smoke, it is very tasty. It is medium bodied and dense and smoked with a thick aromatically pleasant smoke (my oldest daughter and dad would appreciate this). The taste was sweet and vanilla/woody with a earthy appeal. I found the the flavor was homogenously fragrant thoughout the cigar. The construction lived up to the Davidoff name. I would rate this as one of my late favorites.

The article to go with this special cigar is one referred via Ann Coulter, from the Phoenix Conservative Examiner. I would say that this is a "rich guy" cigar- even though I don't put myself in that class. Maybe that class is not such a bad thing after all. This cigar reminds me that a good cigar is often worth the expenditure. The richness of the taste of this cigar models that of fine liquor and or gourmet chocolates.

Rich Gov, Poor Guv: What Obama doesn't understand about the economy

by Scott Martin -----june 15 2009



No comments:

Post a Comment