Tuesday, June 23, 2009

tobacco crops defending themselves?

Well, it's the heat of summer and the grass is withering on the ground. I use the discarded cigar butts for mulch in my plants, but am not sure if it is good for them. It holds moisture in the ground and pots for potted plants. Could it be that it scares my plants to sense their demise? as they are sacrificed for pleasure? This one will really mess up the PETA folks! I found this article and also wondered if the Cuban tobacco can sense the danger of communism. Maybe that's asking too much....

UC Davis Department of Entomology
june 19 2009
Plant Communication: Sagebrush Engage in Self-Recognition and Warn of Danger


I needed a cigar for the heat and stumbled upon another good summer cigar- the Cabaiguan Guapos 46 Maduro . It is a 5 5/8 x 46 dense corona gorda. It has a sweet tasty dark natural thick and oily Ecuadorian sun grown Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper. I love thick wrappers that don't crack or peel, and are worthy of a good chew. This was one, and it even tasted good when chewed a bit. Filler is Nicaraguan and has medium spiciness. It is made by Pete Johnson and Tatuaje. The cigar reminded me of a nice iced coffee via Starbucks, with that spicy sweetness. The burn, draw, and construction were exceptional; the fine slightly warped burn edge chased down the oily wrapper- such a delight! I smoked it to the nub, and found the flavors to hold up well. There was a hint of dark chocolate as well, but I could only taste after I read a review from a retail dealer. My first taste was on a hot summer afternoon in a cigar shop in Houston (Santa Barbara Cigars), with the outside temperature setting records at 105.

No comments:

Post a Comment